This visa, referred to as the TSS visa, enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in genuinely skilled workers where they cannot source an appropriately skilled Australian. It facilitates targeted use of overseas workers to address temporary skill shortages, while ensuring that Australian workers get priority. TSS visa holders can work in Australia in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor under one of three streams:
Short-term stream (ST)
This stream is available if your employer wishes to sponsor you (as an overseas skilled worker) on a temporary basis only in occupations listed on the Short-term Skilled Occupation list (STSOL) for a TSS visa – see lists of eligible skilled occupations. It can be used to fill positions for a maximum of:
- Two years or
- Four years if an International Trade Obligation (ITO) applies.
This stream is available if your employer wishes to sponsor you (as an overseas skilled worker) for periods of up to four years in occupations listed on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Regional Occupation List (ROL) for a TSS visa
Labour agreement stream
This stream is only available if the Australian employer who wishes to sponsor you has entered into a labour agreement with the department.
There are various labour agreements available, all of which consist of extensive requirements and processes. If you have an employer who wishes to sponsor you under this stream, our Immigration Lawyer can assess eligibility and go through specific requirements with you and your potential employer.
Requirement: Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS Subclass 187)
You might be able to get this visa, as an overseas worker, if you:
- Have been nominated for a position by an approved sponsor and that nomination has been approved – see Sponsors
- Meet any required skills and qualifications requirements including completing any skills assessments required
- Meet English language requirements
- If in Australia, hold a substantive visa, a subclass 010 (Bridging A) visa, a subclass 020 (Bridging B) visa or a Subclass 030 (Bridging C) visa
- Have substantially complied with any conditions that apply or applied to your last visa
- Meet health and character requirements
- Meet the requirements of the stream in which you apply.
How Can Education Embassy Help You?
Our team at Education Embassy will assist and guide in every step of the visa process right from understanding, recommending, organising, preparing and lodging the visa.
For Entrepreneurs; we judiciously assist with preparation of Strategic Business Plan, Preparation of Financial Plan, Strategy and Forecasting, Testing the local Labour Market and Regional Body Certification Approval.
Can’t wait to hear; book right away!