Latest 2019 Sponsored Parent Subclass 870 Visa consultants in Brisbane, We have good news for you. The immigration department of Australia has come up with a new visa subclass which will prove to be beneficial for people who want to invite their parents to live with them permanently. Migration Agents in Brisbane have specified the details about the Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa (Subclass 870). It is a visa that was much awaited as it allows the parents of Australian citizens to stay with them for a period of 5 years. It could be cumulated to 10 years. The visa is of temporary type but it enables the Australian citizen to sponsor their parents. Parent Visa comes as a boon for Australian citizens who wish their parents to come and live with them and enjoy the company of their grandchildren.
Following conditions are required for being able to sponsor parents for this visa-
1. The sponsor must be the biological offspring of the parents. The child could also be an adopted or a step-child.
2. The sponsor must be a major, i.e. more than 18 years of age
3. He must have lived in Australia for a minimum of 4 years.
4. The sponsor should fulfill all the character requirements
5. He should be financially stable and take responsibility for the parent’s health care. He must be committed to accepting legal liability for any expenses for the public health system facilities for the parent
6. He must also be able to meet the minimum income threshold.
The visa requires that the income of the sponsor must be at least $83,454.80 if we consider the recently taxable income of the year before the application for the sponsorship. If the sponsor doesn’t have such a high income, it doesn’t mean that the road ends there. In such a case, the combined total of the sponsor’s spouse, partner or another child from the parent can also be considered. The figure looks odd to some but it is based on the AB S Average Weekly Earnings survey which evaluates the Adult Average Weekly Ordinary Earnings.
The application process
The application is a two-step process that involves the individual to deposit an application for becoming an approved sponsor. This application process was started on 17th April 2019. Thereafter, the parents can apply for their visa application. This application process opened on 1st July 2019. The parents must take note that the visa application must be lodged within 6 months of getting the sponsorship approval.
The visa’s financial details
To become an approved sponsor, the child must deposit a fee amount of $420.00
The cost of the visa application is:
• $5,000 (for three years’ duration)
• $10,000 (for five years’ duration)
The visa application charge can be submitted in parts. The first part should be submitted at the time of application. The remaining part can be deposited prior to the visa grant. The parents can stay for 3 or 5 years temporarily depending on the fee deposited. The parents can reapply for living for 10 years.