For skilled workers, there has been a great opportunity in Australia to get nominated by the state or territory for living in the regional area. This visa allows the applicant to stay for 4 years and work in a regional area. In the application, eligible family members can also be included. Well, it is important that you take the help of the experienced and skilled Migration Agents in Brisbane as they will let you know what is right for you and how the entire process needs to be done.
Let’s talk about the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) or Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).
Getting the Australian PR
Skilled workers who have worked for 2 years and worked for 12 months in a regional area can apply for the Subclass 887 – skilled regional visa which allows them the permanent residency.
With this visa, the applicant needs to be nominated by an eligible relative or the territory or state government. To get your application submitted successfully, first you need to give an EOI (Expression Of Interest) through skill select. The applicant can do whether they are in Australia or outside.
To get the invitation for applying you need to fulfill these conditions:
- Submit an EOI (Expression Of Interest).
- According to Australia’s Skilled Occupations List, experience in the nominated occupation.
- Skills assessment should be done by the assessing authority.
- When the invitation is issued the applicant should be above 18 and below 50 years.
- Fulfilling the basic requirements of Health, character, and English language.
- The point test should have a minimum of 60 scores.
Is the family included in the visa?
With your visa application, you can include the family members like:
- Dependent child
- Dependent relatives
What can the applicant do with this visa?
Under this visa, the applicant and your family members are allowed to:
- Study in Australia in a regional area.
- Till the time visa is valid to travel in & out Australia.
- Work and live in regional Australia for a temporary basis.
- Apply for Australian PR through Subclass 887- Skilled Regional Visa, once certain conditions are fulfilled.
Sponsored by an eligible family member
- The applicant must work & live in the designated area. For the PR, the applicant needs to submit the proof of living in a regional area for a specified time.
- In case this is not met then:
- The applicant and the family member’s visa may be canceled.
- Not able to apply for the Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa again.
- Not able to apply for the PR.
Nominated by a state or territory
If the applicant is nominated by the territory or state government then there are certain requirements which need to be met by you which are mentioned below:
- For 2 years, stay in that state or territory.
- If the address changes then inform the state or territory right away.
- Give complete information when asked.