Remaining Relative visa (subclass 115) Visa 2019: in Brisbane Remaining Relative visa (subclass 115) is a visa which allows a person who lives outside Australia to live permanently in Australia if his only near relatives live in Australia. According to the migration agency in Brisbane, the visa has certain conditions attached to it. VISA Consultant in Brisbane will divulge the details related to it.
You or your partner’s relatives must be the only near relatives you have.
There must be somebody who can provide assured support
Length of stay
You can stay there permanently.
The cost starts from AUD 6,415
Who are the ideal candidates for getting this visa?
You might be eligible for this visa if:
- your (or your partner’s) only near relatives live in Australia
- an eligible near relative or their partner is willing to sponsor you and all your family members (if included in your application)
- you have someone willing to provide an assured support
- You and your family members conform to the health and character requirements.
We would like to clarify that the visa application charge will not be refunded if your application is refused or withdrawn
What is the definition of your near relative?
The near relatives include your partner’s parent (could be biological or step-parent), siblings (brother, sister), stepbrother or stepsister; child (including stepchild) is above 18 and independent or child (including stepchild) who is below 18 and is not in your or your partner’s care and control.
Who can sponsor you?
You can be sponsored by your parents, siblings (brother or sister), stepbrother or stepsister or one of their partners. Sponsorship means that they agree to support, accommodate and offer financial assistance for the first two years of your stay in Australia. This agreement includes the family members which have been included as applicants in your application.
The eligibility criteria of your sponsor are:
- Age above 18 years and
- Must be settled in Australia or
- Must be an Australian citizen or
- Must be an Australian permanent resident or
- Must be an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Are you eligible for this visa?
Do not apply for this visa if:
- You or your partner has near relatives, who usually live outside Australia, or are living in Australia temporarily, on a Bridging visa or illegally.
- Your sponsor (or their partner) are currently or in the past sponsored someone else for a Remaining Relative visa (subclass 835 or subclass 115), Preferential Family visa (subclass 104) or Family visa (subclass 806).
You are required to must meet certain health requirements. The results of the health check-up are usually valid for 12 months. These conditions also apply to all the members of your family included in your application, even if they are not migrating.
You will have to meet certain character requirements. You must be able to furnish a police certificate from each country you have resided in for 12 months or more since the past 10 years after attaining the age of 16 years. However, do not arrange for police certificates until asked for it. As usual, this condition also applies to all members of your family listed in your application. It is immaterial whether they are migrating or not.
Signature on the Australian Values Statement
If you are above 18 years of age, you must sign an Australian Values Statement to confirm that you will obey all the Australian laws and respect the Australian way of life. The related statement is included in the visa application form. You are expected to read or have the Life in Australia book explained to you before signing the Australian Values Statement.
Debts to the Australian Government
Another condition is that you should have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government. If you have, you must arrange to pay them before the granting of a visa.