Australia is the dream destination for many people who want to work in foreign lands. You have made the right choice, considering there are other benefits also. The employment rate is high, the cities are bustling with life and the landscape is beautiful. All in all, it has the ideal living and working conditions.
Formalities Needed For Working In Australia
If you want to live and work in Australia, you have two options for Australia Work Visa –
Use skilled migration VISA –These are specifically designed for foreign skilled labor which wants to get employed in Australia.
Use Nominated /Sponsored visa –
This category of visa is for individuals who are sponsored or nominated by employers from Australia. They may also be nominated by a territory or a state authority, or a government agency.
Requirements to Work
According to migration agents, you need to fulfill the following requirements for getting employment in Australia –
- Proficiency in the English language through IELTS test
- The nominated occupation must be in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- You must possess the requisite skill and experience
- There must be a thorough assessment of your skills by an authority recognized in Australia.
- You must be able to meet the character and health criteria
- You must meet all the other criteria required for a particular visa
Applying For A Work Visa
You can consult an Immigration lawyer for getting the proper details. You must follow the given procedure for applying for Australian visa –
- Skilled VISA – For applying for a skilled migrant visa, you will be required to submit EOI (Expression of interest) on SkillSelect, an online system which receives and processes applications for skilled migrants. Points are awarded to the applicant on the basis of age, education, skills, and proficiency. If they select your profile you will get a nomination from the Australian state, territory or employer.
- Sponsored visa
You can avail this type of visa if you are sponsored by Australian employers. The employer should be an approved sponsor. Once the employer has filed your nomination, you can submit an application for a sponsored visa. You can submit an online application which specifies your nomination TRN (transaction reference number ).
The Cost Of Application Of Work Visa
The cost of application depends on the type of visa you are applying for. As the costs get updated frequently, it is best to look up the amount on the website or get the figure by getting in touch with the concerned authorities.
The Processing Time
The processing time taken for your application will depend on the type of visa you applied for, the time taken to verify your details, certifications, etc. Any other issue which needs clarification will require extra time. Usually, an application gets processed within 6 to 12 months.