Business Talent Permanent Visa (subclass 132)
This visa allows you to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia. This visa permits you and any member of your family who has been granted the visa to study, work, reside indefinitely. You can enrol in Medicare and can also apply for Australian Citizenship; if eligible.
This visa type has the following 2 streams –
- Significant Business History stream: Aimed at high-calibre business owners or part-owners intending to do business in Australia.
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: Aimed at people who have sourced venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
Criteria – An applicant should
- Be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.
- Be invited to apply for this visa.
- Possess assets of AUD 1.5 million and business turnover of AUD 3 million; if applying under the ‘Significant Business History stream’.
- Have funding of AUD 1 million from an Australian Venture Capital Firm; if applying under If you apply for ‘Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream’.