Skilled Regional Provisional visa (subclass 489)
This visa is ideal for Skilled Workers to reside and work in Regional Australia for up to 4 years. With this visa, the skilled workers have the possibility to live and work in a regional area in Australia for up to four years. There are 3 pathways to this visa mainly :
- The Extended stay pathway.
- The Invited pathway.
- The Subsequent entry pathway.
This visa could lead to subclass 887 which is a Permanent Skilled Regional Visa.
Criteria – An applicant should
- Hold an occupation that is on the ‘Skilled Occupation List’.
- Have suitable skills assessment that shows you have the qualifications to work in that occupation.
- Be under 45 years of age at the time of invitation and meet the point-based pass mark of 60 point.
- Possess competent English and must be invited to apply.
- Hold a subclass 475, 487, 495, 496 visas under “The Extended Stay Pathway”
- Be nominated by an Australian state or territory government or sponsored by an eligible relative (The Invited Pathway)
- Be invited to apply (The Invited Pathway)